When assessing a church’s readiness to be replanted, the remaining leaders are absolutely critical. These individuals often have the power to can make or break a replant. Therefore, when you are evaluating whether a congregation is actually ready to be replanted, these key influencers must share at least five things.
1. Hearts that are humble and teachable. – “This is the Lord’s church not ours.”
2. Desire to reach the community with the Gospel. – “This is our mission and mission field.”
3. Commitment to the Bible. – “The Word of God is our authority.”
4. Willingness to do whatever it takes. – “We are desperate to see God move.”
5. Belief that God can revitalize dying churches. – “God isn’t done with us.”